Tuesday, April 15 at 10:00 am: Passover Morning Service
Monday, April 21 at 10:00 am: Yizkor Service
Getting Ready for Pesach
An in-depth learning experience with Rabbi Blake
Sunday, April 6 at 9:45 am
Come in from the dreary weather to learn about Passover! Rabbi Blake will explore the textual bases for Pesach (Passover – April 6) and the deeper mysteries and meanings of the holiday. Thanks to the practical information, you’ll also come away ready to celebrate the holiday to the fullest. All are welcome, no Hebrew experience is required.
Consider attending a Passover Seder with other members of WRT:
Chavurah: Passover at WRT and Beyond
The Men’s Club continues the tradition of
WRT’S PASSOVER FOOD DRIVE
Sunday, March 16 - Sunday, March 23
Thirty-eight years ago, a Passover tradition was born at Westchester Reform Temple when more than 125 families purchased Passover foods to fill baskets for needy Jews in the area. For many years, our appeal was coordinated by Judy and Len Corlin. Last year, we combined this community-wide Passover food drive with a tradition created just a few years ago, delivering meals directly to the doors of those in need.
Donations collected throughout the week will be used for...
• “door-to-door” deliveries to members of the community provided to us by Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS), and
• to fill the food pantry of Jewish families in need and distributed by the Bronx Jewish Community Council.
The process is the same; only the drop-off location has changed!
1. Shop from the following list and drop off items at WRT between Sunday, March 16 and Sunday, March 23 at 11:00 am
2. Join with the Men’s Club on Sunday, March 23 at 11:00 am to sort our donations
3. Join with the Men’s Club on Sunday, April 13 to pack (starting at 9:00 am) and deliver the food (starting at 10:00 am).
The familiar words from our Seder must be an imperative one for us. For without the Passover foods, a record number of Jews will have no Passover table. Make this moment a moment to live the words of the Seder, “Welcome the stranger...For you shall love him as yourself, for you were once strangers in the land of Egypt.”
Scott E. Silberfein, Men’s Club President
Please use this as your shopping list. All of the items should be Kosher for Passover.
• Matzah and Egg Matzah
• Matzah Meal & Farfel
• Gefilte Fish (cans)
• Canned Vegetables, Tuna
• Matzoh Ball Soup (cans only)
• Jams and Jellies, Canned Applesauce & Fruit
• Walnuts, Dried Fruits / Raisins